Warrington-Worldwide.co.uk incorporates the Village Life, Culcheth Life, Frodsham Life & Lymm Life magazines.

Wolves make it two from two


Pictures Eddie Whitham

WARRINGTON Wolves made it two wins from two at the start of the new Super League season with a hard fought 28-14 win over Hull KR.

It was a much tougher game than what Leeds provided last week at the Halliwell Jones Stadium, with the Wolves trailing inside 10 minutes, Ben Crooks scoring the game’s opening try.

Harvey Livett got the Wolves on the board on 20 minutes, converted by Stefan Ratchford, to give the Wolves a 6-4, but they were reduced to 12 men soon after, Blake Austin sinbinned for a dangerous tackle on Joel Tomkins.

Hull KR made the most of their advantage, Craig Hall crossing in the corner for their second try, though Josh Drinkwater failed to add the extras.

Tom Lineham would put Warrington back in front in the closing minutes of the first half, scoring his 100th Super League try and the Wolves led 12-8.

Livett pounced on a mistake by Chris Atkin, who dropped a high Austin kick, to score his second try, Ratchford’s simple conversion giving the hosts some breathing space.

A 90 metre interception try from Josh Charnley virtually made the game safe on 66 minutes, stretching the lead to 22-8, though Hull KR rallied.

Jimmy Keinhorst’s converted try brought them within eight with 10 minutes on the clock, but the Wolves held on and sealed the win in the last minute through Michael Cooper.

Warrington: Ratchford, Lineham, Goodwin, Atkins, Charnley, Austin, Patton, Hill, D Clark, Cooper, Livett, Hughes, J Clark. Subs: Murdoch-Masila, Walker, Philbin, Tasi.

Hull KR: Atkin, Crooks, Keinhorst, Linnett, Hall, McGuire, Drinkwater, Masoe, Lee, Mulhern, Tomkins, Hauraki, Lawler. Subs: Garbutt, Greenwood, Addy, Vaivai.


About Author

Journalist and sport content specialist, who is also editor of Love Rugby League. Formerly ran the official website of the Carling Cup, as well as operating a digital services business in Warrington.

Leave A Comment