WHILE many people love hitting the gym by themselves and pounding the treadmill or lifting weights solo, for many people, group exercise classes are an integral part of their keep fit routine.
There’s many benefits to group exercise classes – from the camaraderie among those taking part to the encouragement from the expert instructors.
Here’s five top reasons to give group exercise classes a go at Culcheth Community Campus with LiveWire:
• They are supervised sessions: All the classes are led by an expert instructor, who is able to showcase the moves and help keep the class pumped and motivated. Most classes are suitable for beginners and experienced participants alike and instructors can show how to adapt moves to suit different ability levels. Starting a new workout can be a bit intimidating if it’s the first time you’ve tried it, and having an instructor on hand to offer guidance and support can be very reassuring.
• An easy way to try a variety of different types of exercise. If you’re new to exercise, group fitness classes are a great way to try out lots of different forms of workouts. Body Combat is very different to Body Pump, and just because you like one, doesn’t mean you’ll like the other! Some people love Zumba – others it’s just not their bag! And this applies to lots of forms of group exercise. There’s so many different types of classes that are on the timetable, you can try a few until you find the ones that tick your boxes.
• Structured routine. It’s understandably easy in our busy lives to let exercise slip sometimes – there’s always something that needs doing let’s face it. So it can be helpful to commit to doing a couple of set classes every week, and building them into your regular routine. As classes have limited capacity, some really popular ones can book up, so you need to reserve your place in advance – a good way of committing yourself to going.
• Atmosphere: From a pumping soundtrack to disco lights, group exercise classes have a fantastic atmosphere that really help keep you motivated and having fun. Get those endorphins released and you’ll be feeling good and burning calories without even realising it.
• Social Element. A huge part of group exercise – if you want it to be – is the social side of things. Doing the same class with the same people every week means you can make new friends and get a good camaraderie going with your fellow group members. It’s harder to skip a class if you know someone else is going along – so it’s a good way to be accountable and commit. Of course some people like to go to the class solo, do their workout and leave – and that’s ok too. But if you do want to embrace the social element of exercising then group classes are a great way.
There are a wide range of group exercise classes on offer at Culcheth Community Campus, ranging from high impact classes like HIIT, Kettlebells and Boxercise to more holistic offerings like Yoga and Pilates. You can even bounce your way to fitness in the fun and energetic Boogie Bounce that sees participants do an exercise on a mini trampoline.
So why not give one a try this month and see if you can find a new favourite to add into your wellness regime. For LiveWire Select members group exercise classes are included in your membership – but non-members can also ‘pay as you go’ and just play and play. And don’t forget, if you’re a LiveWire member you can use all sites so have over 350 group exercise classes every week across Warrington.