PARENTS of children aged two in Warrington are being encouraged to check if they are eligible for funded childcare.
Some families can get 15 hours funded childcare a week across the school year (38 weeks) with a childcare provider.
If in receipt of the following benefits, they may be eligible for the funded places:
• Income support
• income-based Jobseeker’s Allowance (JSA)
• income-related Employment and Support Allowance (ESA)
• Universal Credit, and your household income is £15,400 a year or less after tax, not including benefit payments
• child tax credits, and your household income is £16,190 a year or less before tax
• the guaranteed element of Pension Credit
• the Working Tax Credit 4-week run on (the payment you get when you stop qualifying for Working Tax Credit)
2 year olds can also get free childcare if they:
• are looked after by a local authority
• have a statement of special education needs (SEN) or an education, health and care (EHC) plan
• get Disability Living Allowance (DLA)
• have left care under an adoption, special guardianship or a child arrangements order
<!– Composite Start –>
<script src=”https://jsc.mgid.com/w/a/warrington-worldwide.co.uk.1100350.js” async></script>
<!– Composite End –>
They can also apply if they’re a non-EEA citizen who cannot claim benefits.
The scheme helps towards paying for childcare if it’s provided by a registered childminder, nanny, play scheme, nursery or club. Registered schools and home care workers working for a registered home care agency are also approved childcare providers.
If eligible for 15 hours a week funded childcare, they will be issued with a code to take to their childcare provider.
Cllr Sarah Hall, cabinet member for children’s services, said: “This scheme helps to give those families that are eligible some extra support with childcare costs, which you are able to use flexibly to suit your needs.
“Your child will be learning and playing with other children, and this could also give you time to study or look for work, so I’d encourage parents to check if they’re eligible and come forward to apply so that you can take advantage of this benefit.”
For more information and to apply, visit: warrington.gov.uk/twoyearfunding.