Have you ever wondered why they say the kitchen is the heart of the home? It’s because of all the beautiful memories and the delicious meals you can create in them.
However, it is not a small feat to set up a kitchen, especially if it is a small one. Most people if not everyone would love to have a big kitchen but we don’t always get what we want right? You can however still make the most of that kitchen by setting it up with the right appliances and that is where we come in.
How To Choose Appliances For A Small Kitchen
There are several items that you’ll need in your kitchen and you might be wondering how you’ll fit in all in without cluttering your space. Here are a few tips:
It is very easy to get carried away with the desire to set up your space. There are a thousand things that could go wrong but usually, you end up with too many appliances, appliances that you don’t need, or ones that you simply cannot use. Here are some things to consider when creating your plan or list:
- You need to assess your necessities and objectives for your new kitchen before you start your setup.
- Next, you need to create a budget and stick with it.
- Also, keeping in mind the focus of this discourse, you must consider the layout of your kitchen and you can only select appliances that’ll complement the structure of your kitchen.
- Furthermore, the function must be prioritized over aesthetics. If it doesn’t serve a purpose that you require, there’s no need to buy it for your kitchen.
- What is your family like? Do you entertain often? Is it a large family? Are you the types to eat late? Do you cook in a hurry? What sort of food do you enjoy? All of these lifestyle questions must be considered in selecting your appliances as you need devices that complement your lifestyle.
- Finally, what is your style? What is the general theme of your house or kitchen? The appliances you select must add up to create the sort of ambiance you want for your kitchen.
Microwaves have always been must-have kitchen appliances. In picking a mini microwave to fit your compact kitchen, consider this best mini microwaves compilation by Tiny House, Huge Ideas for an easy selection. It features several products including Panasonic, Daewoo, and Whirlinghouse amongst others.
There are several refrigerator options for a small kitchen. These include:
- Counter-depth: This works perfectly with the counters and cabinets in the kitchen, ensuring that it doesn’t eat up space or look out of place.
- Mini-me: They’re usually 18 to 24 inches wide with twelve cubic feet. They are simply apartment-style fridges in a smaller size.
- Dorm-style: They only offer 2 to 5 cubic feet of capacity making it the perfect refrigeration for a small kitchen.
- Drawer: This 24 inches wide refrigerator, fits in the cabinetry!
In picking a cooktop, you should consider:
- Wherever-you-want-it cooktops: You can get ultra-compact 12- to 15-inch cooktops with one or two burners and set them up wherever you want.
- Modular cooktops: These cooktops can be designed with several heating elements of your choice, allowing you to combine about three functions.
- Induction cooktops: They are about 60cm or less in width but you’ll need to confirm that your cookware is compatible with induction cooking before selection.
- Gas and Ceramic cooktops: They are also designed in 60cm width models.
- Portable induction cooktop: This allows you to create space when it is not in use as it can be stored in the cabinet.
A Multi-Cooker and All-In-One Kitchen Machine
The next step is to purchase a cooker that can perform serving cooking functions, that is, slow cook, pressure cook and even cook rice. This saves you the cost and space of buying and storing three separate cookers. An all-in-one kitchen machine is a machine that can carry out the functions of several machines such as, kneading, weighing, mincing, chopping, whipping, blending, milling, beating, and so on.
Here are a few options to consider for a dishwasher:
- Cabinet size: This dishwasher has all the components of an average dishwasher and is just as won’t as a cabinet.
- On-the-go: A countertop dishwasher or a dishwasher on wheels can be easily removed from the kitchen after use and stored elsewhere.
While setting up your kitchen, remember that you’ll spend a lot of time there -with your family and friends, maybe while preparing meals or not- so you want to ensure that at the end of the day, you love the image you have created.