TWO fire crews were called out during the early hours of this morning following reports of a house fire at Lymm involving an overheated handheld vaping machine.
Two fire engines attended at around 5.30am when firefighters from Lymm and Altrincham were called to reports of a fire at an address on Marlfield Avenue.
On arrival, the crews found a fire caused by an overheated coil on a handheld vaping machine which was out on arrival.
Crews used a thermal imaging camera to check the temperature of the machine, and one person was checked over at the scene by firefighters.
The crews were detained at the scene for around 50 minutes.
Crews were called to a bedroom fire in Lymm this morning caused by an overheated e-cigarette. The family were very lucky – Crews want to warn people not to leave e-cigarettes on charge unattended or when sleeping and to place on hard surface. For More info https://t.co/ExRNUY7SZM pic.twitter.com/Y4IgvwEqXj
— Lymm Fire Station (@LymmFS) October 22, 2020