Discarded cigarette could have caused skip fire


A discarded cigarette is suspected to have been the cause of a skip fire at Paddington, Warrington.

At 17:20 yesterday, Friday, one fire crew from Warrington was called out to reports of a fire at an address on Regent Avenue, Paddington.

Firefighters extinguished a fire in a skip using a hose reel jet. It is believed the cause was accidental due to discarded smoking materials.


About Author

Experienced journalist for more than 40 years. Managing Director of magazine publishing group with three in-house titles and on-line daily newspaper for Warrington. Experienced writer, photographer, PR consultant and media expert having written for local, regional and national newspapers. Specialties: PR, media, social networking, photographer, networking, advertising, sales, media crisis management. Chair of Warrington Healthwatch Director Warrington Chamber of Commerce Patron Tim Parry Johnathan Ball Foundation for Peace. Trustee Warrington Disability Partnership. Former Chairman of Warrington Town FC.

Leave A Comment