CULCHETH Library will reopen its doors on Monday (August 3) as part of Phase 2 of LiveWire’s plans to reopen libraries following the closures enforced by the Covid-19 pandemic.
The new opening hours for Culcheth Library will be as follows:
• Monday: 2pm to 6pm
• Thursday: 12pm to 4pm
• Saturday: 9:30am to 1pm
These new reduced opening hours are in line with guidance and designed to help ensure the safety of customers and staff at the site. The times are not permanent and will continue to be monitored.
LiveWire, the community interest company that manages library services in Warrington on behalf of Warrington Borough Council, say the procedures put in place to safeguard the safety of customers and staff have worked very well since the first seven libraries were reopened earlier this month.
If all continues to go to plan, the next phase of library reopening will see the remaining four libraries – Birchwood, Padgate, Penketh and Westbrook reopen in September and October.
The reopening of libraries centres on the safety of customers and staff, and are aimed at giving customers the confidence to borrow books in a friendly, safe and hygienic manner.
Health and safety measures put in place included social distancing for customers and staff, one-way systems around parts of the buildings, hand sanitiser at entrances and exits and the quarantining of books for 72 hours after they are returned.
The library service has seen a huge increase in the number of e-books borrowed during the closure period, and the focus on the digital offer will continue. Also being expanded is the Library at Home offer for vulnerable customers, and a new Order and Collect service.
Other key points to the reopening of libraries are:
· There will be no charges for overdue books and other items issued from 1st March.
· Items on loan have had their loan period extended until 30th September.
· Social distancing in all areas of the library to keep both customer and staff safe.
· Restrictions on the number of people accessing the library at any one time and the duration of visits will be limited.
· A contactless returns and issue process.
· New one-way systems around parts of library buildings will be in operation, with floor markings and directional signs.
· All returned books will be quarantined for 72 hours before being returned to the shelves for people to loan.
For more information on the reopening of libraries, plus a list of FAQs for customers, visit https://livewirewarrington.co.uk/library