VIDEO: LiveWire is set to re-open its three Neighbourhood Hubs for gym sessions and group exercise classes tomorrow, Saturday 25th July.
LiveWire’s leisure sites closed on March 21st due to the Coronavirus pandemic but Orford Jubilee, Great Sankey and Woolston Neighbourhood Hubs are reopening this weekend in accordance with Government guidance for the gym and classes. Outdoor tennis sessions previously reopened at Great Sankey and Birchwood Tennis & Leisure Complex in May.
Reopening plans for the gyms centred on the safety of customers and staff, and are aimed at giving customers plenty of space to exercise in a friendly, safe and hygienic manner.
LiveWire, the community interest company that manages leisure services in Warrington on behalf of Warrington Borough Council, is using both indoor and outdoor spaces for workouts and equipment has been redistributed around all three Hubs, allowing over 90% of the kit to be kept in use.
Other key elements of the reopening include:
· All gym sessions and group exercise classes must be booked in advance online
· Pay as you go options as well as all-inclusive memberships.
· Using outdoor and indoor spaces for physical activity.
· A contactless check in process and new one-way systems around parts of the buildings.
· Social distancing in reception, gym areas and group exercise classes.
· Redistribution of gym equipment around the Hubs to allow for social distancing.
· Enhanced deep cleaning schedules, including equipment between every gym session and class and a full close down every afternoon for a deep clean.
· Hand sanitiser available for customers and staff.
The swimming pools at Orford Jubilee Neighbourhood Hub are due to reopen for pre-bookable Lane and Family Swims from August 10th.
Matthew Parker, Operations Director of LiveWire, said: “We are really pleased to be able to reopen our Neighbourhood Hubs for gym sessions and group exercise classes this weekend. Looking after our bodies and minds has never been more important and we are ready to welcome our members back through our doors.
“I’m really proud of our staff who have worked incredibly hard over the past few months getting everything ready to allow us to reopen in a manner that is as safe as possible.
“Things may be a bit different but we’re confident the measures we have put in place will allow people to safely enjoy the benefits that physical exercise brings.
“We thank all of our members for their patience while we have been closed and our partners and Warrington Borough Council for their support.”
For more information visit www.livewirewarrington.co.uk