by Raf Khan www.warringtonservicecentre.co.uk
At this time of year many of us will be thinking of getting away for a few days as the British weather starts to warm up.
Whether you are heading off for an impromptu camping trip, a weekend getaway or a UK road trip, you can ensure you make a smooth getaway by following our step by step guide:
1. Check your tyres – You should always keep an eye on tyre pressures and check them every two weeks. If the car is likely to be heavily loaded with luggage and passengers adjust the pressures according to the user manual. Give your spare tyre the once over also – you never know!
2. Find Your Toolkit – locate the basic toolkit for the car which should include tools to remove a tyre as a minimum. Also find any locking nuts to ensure you can change the tyre should you get a puncture.
3. Top up fluids – Again you should make a habit of checking your oil levels on a regular basis but always ensure that you check the dipstick before a long journey. Check coolant levels and top up your windscreen wash too.
4. Check Your Lights – Ensure that all your lights are functioning checking brakes, indicators and fog lights. Give them all a clean to ensure you can be seen on the road.
5. Service your car – One of the most important things you can do to ensure you stay safe on the road is to book a car service. A service will cover many of the basic checks outlined above but in addition to this you will get a detailed report of any key parts that need repair. These simple checks will make sure you minimise your risk of breaking down for an enjoyable, stress-free road trip.
Now your car is ready to go, you can hit the road and let the holidays commence!
Book your pre-holiday service from just £89* at Warrington Service Centre on 01925 232255 or visit www.warringtonservicecentre.co.uk.
* For vehicles up to 1799cc with semi-synthetic oil