WHILE the number of confirmed cases of COVID-19 is continuing to rise in Warrington, including 33 new cases in one day, the number of inpatients receiving treatment at Warrington Hospital has remained low at just three.
The latest information from Warrington & Halton Hospitals Trust shows that three patients have been discharged since last week, while three are receiving inpatient care, with none in intensive care.
But the new number of cases are continuing to rise, with 125 confirmed during September 1-7, including 33 last Sunday (Sept 6) when there were 33 in one day, the largest number in a single day since the end of April.
As reported earlier today a number of cases of Covid-19 have been confirmed at schools in Warrington – but Warrington borough Council has said parents should continue to send their children to school unless told otherwise.
This was the message from the borough council today as the authority moved swiftly to work with schools to manage confirmed cases of the virus.
Schools and colleges have re-opened for students across all year groups, with safety measures in place to help reduce the spread of viruses like coronavirus.
The council has also expressed concerns over “serious issues” relating to the availability of COVID-19 testing, with local residents struggling to make appointments and being told to travel long distances to arrange a test.
Warrington & Halton Hospitals Covid-19 update at noon on 10th September 2020 (previous week’s figures in brackets)
· The hospital is currently caring for 3(3) in-patients who have tested positive for Covid-19, there are 0 (0) Covid-19 positive patients in ICU
· The hospital has so far discharged 406 (403) patients and sadly 139 (139) have died
· To date they have tested 19,938 (18,681) inpatients/community of which 1,227 (1,216) have tested positive.
· There have been 1,619 (1,495) Emergency Dept. attendances in the last 7 days – 231 ave daily attendance
· There have been 443 (401) Urgent Care Centre attendances in the last 7 days – 63 ave daily attendance
· There have been 50 (39) babies born in the last week (56 this week last year)
To find out more about coronavirus testing, visit warrington.gov.uk/get-tested-coronavirus
In Warrington there have been a total of 1,567 cases (746.1) per 100,000 population, with 90 new cases for the Week August 31 to September 6.
There have been 154 confirmed deaths involving Warrington residents since the figures were revised.
Across the UK the daily number of COVID-19 associated UK deaths was 14, taking the total number of deaths to 41,608.
The daily number of lab-confirmed UK cases was 2,919, taking the total number to 358,138.
There are 837 patients currently in hospital and 80 patients in ventilator beds.