WITH just under six weeks to go until Christmas, Cheshire Wildlife Trust is encouraging people to give gifts that work for wildlife and reduce their environmental impact over the festive period.
The Cheshire Wildlife Trust online shop is packed with perfect gifts for nature-lovers. All the profits raised from the shop go towards saving local outdoor places and the wildlife that lives there.
- Adopt a Species packs. Choose from an otter, hedgehog, beaver or barn owl.
- Calendars featuring gorgeous photography of local wildlife and wild places.
- Books including local walks, fungi guides and storybooks.
- Toys and games, including a special wildlife edition of Top Trumps.
- Postcards, featuring beautiful wildlife illustrations by local artist Nicky Thompson.
- Clothing, mugs and accessories featuring your favourite local species.
- Gift membership, to bring your loved ones closer to nature all year round.
Digital-only gifts are also available such as e-cards, digital beaver adoptions and digital gift cards. If you don’t find exactly what you’re looking for on the online shop, you can still support Cheshire Wildlife Trust at no extra cost by shopping at over 6,000 online stores including Marks & Spencer, John Lewis, Ticketmaster, Waterstones and Boots. Give As You Live is a free and easy way to help local wildlife.
For gifts that work for wildlife visit www.cheshirewildlifetrust.org.uk/shop or sign up to Give As You Live at www.giveasyoulive.com and select Cheshire Wildlife Trust as your chosen charity.
For advice on how to have a more sustainable festive period, from gift giving to decorations, visit www.cheshirewildlifetrust.org.uk/actions/how-have-eco-christmas