e-cigarette charger believed to have started fire at third floor flat in town centre

1

AN e-cigarette charger is believed to have started a fire at a third-floor flat in Warrington town centre, earlier today, Thursday.

Two fire crews from Penketh and Warrington were called out to reports of the fire at premises on Museum Street, warrington at 11.50 am.

The fire in a flat on the third floor of the building in Warrington was extinguished by firefighters using a hose reel. The crews used a large fan at the incident to remove smoke from the area. They also stripped back plaster to check for any further fire spread and used a thermal imaging camera.

Everyone was accounted for at this incident and the fire is believed to have started due to an electronic cigarette being charged.

If you use an electronic cigarette please read advice on charging them CLICK HERE


1 Comments
Share.

About Author

Experienced journalist for more than 40 years. Managing Director of magazine publishing group with three in-house titles and on-line daily newspaper for Warrington. Experienced writer, photographer, PR consultant and media expert having written for local, regional and national newspapers. Specialties: PR, media, social networking, photographer, networking, advertising, sales, media crisis management. Director Warrington Chamber of Commerce Patron Tim Parry Johnathan Ball Foundation for Peace. Trustee Warrington Disability Partnership. Former Chairman of Warrington Town FC.

1 Comment

Leave A Comment