FOUR fire crews were called out yesterday (Tuesday) evening to tackle a kitchen fire at a property in Bewsey, Warrington.
At 6pm crews from Birchwood, Penketh and two from Ashton-under-Lyne were called to reports of a kitchen fire at an address on Hawleys Lane, Warrington.
On arrival two firefighters, wearing breathing apparatus entered the building and used a hose reel jet to extinguish the fire.
The crews also used a large fan to clear the smoke from the property.
The cause of the fire is believed to be unattended cooking.
Fire crews were detained at the scene for approximately two hours.