FOLLOWING a number of Land Rover Defender thefts across the region including one in Warrington, police have issued crime prevention advice.
To help prevent thefts they are asking owners of Land Rovers to follow the below crime prevention advice:
• Always leave your vehicle locked and alarmed if possible
• Consider fitting an after-market approved immobiliser
• Park in a locked garage or other secure area if you have one, or in a well-lit open space if not
• Never leave the vehicle’s keys in the ignition, in the same outbuilding as the vehicle, or near your front door inside your home
• Be vigilant when using your vehicle for anyone taking an interest in it
• Consider fitting a transponder-based security marking system and tracker device
• Have the vehicle’s windows etched with the vehicle identification number
If you are aware of any suspicious activity around Land Rovers or other vehicles, contact the police on 101 or 999 in an emergency.