FIRE crews from Warrington and Penketh were called out yesterday to tackle a large rubbish blaze and a kitchen fire.
Shortly before 6.30pm last night one fire engine from Warrington was called to reports of a large rubbish fire on Forshaws Lane at Collins Green, Warrington.
The firefighters used two hose reel jets to put the fire out and were at the scene for an hour and 20 minutes.
Earlier, shortly after 5pm one fire engine from Penketh was called to reports of a fire in a kitchen in a house in Matlock Close, Great Sankey.
The small fire had been caused by cooking and was already out when the crew arrived.
They ventilated the kitchen to clear smoke and stayed at the house for about 10 minutes.