Warrington-Worldwide.co.uk incorporates the Village Life, Culcheth Life, Frodsham Life & Lymm Life magazines.

Neighbouring property evacuated as firefighters tackle kitchen fire

1

TWO fire crews were called out to tackle a kitchen fire at a semi-detached property at Winwick which resulted in a neighbouring property being evacuated.

The incident took place at 7.45am yesterday (Saturday) when firefighters were informed of a fire involving an extractor fan in the kitchen of a semi-detached house in Ilex Avenue, Winwick, Warrington.
On arrival, crews discovered that no-one was unaccounted for and that smoke from the fire had gone into the house next door. Four firefighters wearing firefighters entered the properties.
The electricity supply to the house containing the fire was isolated and firefighters fought it with a hose reel jet.
The neighbouring property was evacuated. Fire in the extractor fan’s trunking had affected water pipes and caused flooding.
With signs of the fire spreading above the kitchen, firefighters removed the ceiling and exposed floorboards in the bathroom above it so that they could fully extinguish the fire.
Once the fire was out both houses were inspected with a thermal imaging camera to make sure they were safe.
The fire did not spread to the neighbouring house. The smoke in both houses cleared naturally. Firefighters were in attendance for more than two hours.

Share.

About Author

Experienced journalist for more than 35 years. Managing Director of magazine publishing group with six in-house titles and on-line daily newspaper for Warrington. Experienced writer, photographer, PR consultant and media expert having written for local, regional and national newspapers. Specialties: PR, media, social networking, photographer, networking, advertising, sales, media crisis management. Patron Tim Parry Johnathan Ball Foundation for Peace. Trustee Warrington Disability Partnership. Former Chairman of Warrington Town FC.

1 Comment

  1. Pingback: Neighbouring property evacuated as firefighters tackle kitchen fire – Gary Skentelbery | Warrington Gazette

Leave A Comment