Warrington-Worldwide.co.uk incorporates the Village Life, Culcheth Life, Frodsham Life & Lymm Life magazines.

Firefighters tackle kitchen fire at Lymm


TWO fire crews were called out to tackle a kitchen fire at a house in Lymm involving a tea towel being left on an oven hob.

Two fire engines attended from Lymm and Birchwood were called to reports of fire at an address on Ashcroft Road in Lymm at around 11.30 this morning (Wednesday).
Crews quickly attended the address and on arrival they found that a tea towel had been left on top of a hot oven hob, causing heavy smoke logging.

The firefighters isolated the hob and used a large fan to clear the smoke from the address.
There were no injuries and firefighters were detained at the incident for around 30 minutes.


About Author

Experienced journalist for more than 35 years. Managing Director of magazine publishing group with six in-house titles and on-line daily newspaper for Warrington. Experienced writer, photographer, PR consultant and media expert having written for local, regional and national newspapers. Specialties: PR, media, social networking, photographer, networking, advertising, sales, media crisis management. Patron Tim Parry Johnathan Ball Foundation for Peace. Trustee Warrington Disability Partnership. Former Chairman of Warrington Town FC.

Leave A Comment