FIREFIGHTERS were kept busy last night with a number of incidents around the town including a shed fire caused by a disposable barbecue, a bush fire in a play area, a plant pot fire and controlled burning causing back smoke.
At 21:41 one fire engine attended a shed fire at an address on Yates close in Great Sankey. The fire, caused by a disposable barbecue had caused heat damage to the property close to the shed.
Firefighters used two hose reel jets and two breathing apparatus to extinguish the fire and were in attendance for one hour and four minutes.
At 20:50 firefighters from Birchwood attended a small fire in bushes at a play area in Templeton Drive, Warrington.
Crews used water to put out the fire.
At 20:43 one fire engine from Warrington attended a plant pot on fire at an address in Knutsford Raod, Warrington.
Crews used water to put out the fire and cut away the wooden decking to check for hotspots and fire spread using a thermal imaging camera.
The fire was caused by discarded smoking materials. Here are some safety tips: https://www.cheshirefire.gov.uk/public-safety/home-safety/smoking-fire-safety-tips-for-smokers
Finally at 21:44 firefighters attended a controlled burning at an address in Windmill Lane, Warrington following reports of black smoke issuing from the fire.
Crews used a hose reel to put out the fire.