Warrington-Worldwide.co.uk incorporates the Village Life, Culcheth Life, Frodsham Life & Lymm Life magazines.

Discarded cigarette believed to have started pizza parlour fire

0

UPDATED: FIREFIGHTERS wearing breathing apparatus evacuated the occupants of a flat above a pizza parlour which was on fire at Thelwall, Warrington, during the early hours of this morning.

The incident took place at 4:19 when two fire engines attended, one from Stockton Heath and one from Lymm, following reports of a fire at the pizza parlour building on Barley Road.
On arrival the crews evacuated a flat above the building.
Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel jet to extinguish the flames.
A large fan was used to ventilate the area.
A thermal imaging camera was used to check the area for hotspots.
Thankfully, there were no injuries.
The crews remained on scene for around two hours.
The fire was thought to be started from smoking materials.

Share.

About Author

Experienced journalist for more than 35 years. Managing Director of magazine publishing group with six in-house titles and on-line daily newspaper for Warrington. Experienced writer, photographer, PR consultant and media expert having written for local, regional and national newspapers. Specialties: PR, media, social networking, photographer, networking, advertising, sales, media crisis management. Patron Tim Parry Johnathan Ball Foundation for Peace. Trustee Warrington Disability Partnership. Former Chairman of Warrington Town FC.

Leave A Comment