Warrington-Worldwide.co.uk incorporates the Village Life, Culcheth Life, Frodsham Life & Lymm Life magazines.

Electric meter starts house fire

0

FIREFIGHTERS were called to a house at Warrington when fire broke out in a cupboard under the stairs.
The blaze was shortly before midnight and involved an electric meter at a semi-detached house in Duckworth Grove, Padgate.
Crews wearing breathing apparatus used a hose reel jet and a dry powder extinguisher to put out the fire and a ventilation unit to clear smoke from the property.

Firefighters monitored the temperature while the electrics and gas were isolated by engineers. Once it was safe, they cut away the affected area and checked for hotspots.
There were no reports of injuries.
Two fire engines from Warrington and Penketh were involved in the operation.

Share.

About Author

Leave A Comment