PROPOSED strike action and an over time ban by Eddie Stobart drivers delivering Walkers Snack Foods has been suspended.
Eddie Stobart and Unite Union representatives met this morning (Friday) in an attempt to find a resolution.
A spokesperson for Eddie Stobart said: ““This morning we met with Unite and representatives from the Walkers contracts in an attempt to find a resolution to the recent announcement of strike action.
“The outcome of our talks has resulted in the strike action being suspended along with the ban on overtime. We remain very committed and willing to continually talk and engage with all parties involved as we work to resolve a way forward on all issues raised.”
The dispute was a result of the Unite members being transferred from Walkers Snack Foods to Eddie Stobart last year under the Transfer of Undertakings Protection of Employment (TUPE) regulations.
Unite said that since the transfer Stobart’s management has refused to honour the existing industrial agreement that protects workers’ pay and conditions.