CONSULTATION has started on proposed transport improvements in West Warrington and members of the public are being asked to share their views on plans for motorists, cyclists and pedestrians.
Warrington Borough Council is proposing improvements at the junctions of:
• Omega Boulevard/Lingley Green Avenue,
• Lingley Green Avenue/Great Sankey Neighbourhood Hub
• Whittle Avenue/Lingley Green Avenue.
The proposals aim to provide an increase in highway capacity through road widening, new pedestrian and cyclist crossings and additional shared foot and cycle paths.
Now, local people are being asked to give comments and feedback on the proposals by viewing the ‘west Warrington junction improvements’ plans and completing an online questionnaire, at warrington.gov.uk/consultations. The consultation period runs until May 20.
The Council is also holding three public exhibition events, to answer questions about the proposals, on the following dates:
• Thursday 2 May, 11am-1pm: The Food Hall, Lingley Mere Business Park, WA5 3UU
• Friday 3 May, 4pm-8pm: Great Sankey Neighbourhood Hub, Barrow Hall Lane, WA5 3AA
• Saturday 4 May, 10am-1pm: Great Sankey Neighbourhood Hub, Barrow Hall Lane, WA5 3AA
Construction of the Whittle Avenue/Lingley Green Avenue improvements is expected to commence in Autumn this year, finishing in Spring 2020.
Construction of improvements at Omega Boulevard/Lingley Green Avenue, and Lingley Green Avenue/The Hub is expected to immediately follow, with completion in Winter 2020/21.
If you require any additional information or would like to be added to the mailing list to receive consultation and traffic management updates for major highway schemes within the west Warrington area, please email WWH@warrington.gov.uk.