Warrington-Worldwide.co.uk incorporates the Village Life, Culcheth Life, Frodsham Life & Lymm Life magazines.

Man taken to hospital after flat fire

0

A MAN was taken to hospital after being overcome by smoke when fire broke out in a flat at Warrington last night.
The blaze was in Poplars Avenue, Orford and fire engines from Warrington and Penketh went to the scene.
Crews found the fire was in a first floor flat. Smoke alarms were sounding and all the occupants had escaped from the property. Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus tackled the blaze with a hose reel jet, rescuing a cat in the process.
Afterwards they damped down the property to ensure the fire was completely out. A ventilation unit was used to clear smoke from the flat.
The casualty was handed over to paramedics and taken to hospital.
The operation, which started shortly after 11.30pm, lasted 55 minutes.

Share.

About Author

Leave A Comment