FIRE crews rescued a dog from a smoke filled house at Warrington.
The blaze started in an electricity cupboard at the house in Redshank Lane, Birchwood and fire engines from Warrington and Birchwood were called to the scene.
Two firefighters wearing breathing apparatus tackled the fire using a dry powder extinguisher and rescued the dog.
Then a gas leak was discovered at the property and crews had to isolate gas and electricity supplies. A tempoary repair was carried out to the leak, pending the arrival of gas and electricity company staff.
There are no reports of anyone being injured.