ACTIVE Cheshire recently introduced place based teams in order to help improve lives in communities across Warrington through physical activity.
As a result an exciting opportunity has arisen for a dynamic, engaging and hard-working professional to join their established team as Partnership Officer for Warrington.
The Partnership Officer will join ‘Team Warrington’ who are dedicated to getting residents and employees more active on a regular basis; improving the health, wellbeing and prosperity of communities across Warrington.
This locally focussed approach will enable Team Warrington to build a holistic picture of the area, identify cross sector opportunities and develop a fully cohesive strategy for improving lives through physical activity specific to the local community.
Team Warrington will support Local Authorities and partners from all sectors to:
1. Understand the active and inactive communities, their needs and the barriers preventing regular movement.
2. Change the sedentary habits of local communities by building physical activity into everyday life. This may be through school or workplace initiatives but will also include the development of active infrastructure, public realm, housing and transport.
3. Support the development of the local provider market across all sectors to ensure that it remains resilient, relevant and accessible.
4. Secure investment to test new interventions and develop partnerships.
5. Promote information that will educate, enable and empower people to build physical activity into their everyday lives themselves.
If you are passionate about the benefits of physical activity then we want to hear from you! For more information on the role, and Active Cheshire please visit http://www.activecheshire.org/careers/view/partnership-officer-warrington